Zen and the Art of Sweater Construction, or how to knit top-down sweater with set-in sleeves with Renée Callahan Mon 13th Nov
Casting on your first garment can be a daunting task. This is the class for you if you want to learn how to confidently cast on a sweater for the first time! In this 3 hours class with Renée Callahan you will learn:
- How to choose yarn and which size to knit
- How to read a sweater pattern
- How to make adjustments for the perfect fit
- Learn how to construct your sweater with a swatch
There will be coffee/tea and cake on hand and you will also need to bring the following items to the class with you:
- 50g DK yarn
- 4mm circular and/or straight needles,
- 4mm needles for small circumference knitting
- 1 stitch marker
- 1 removable stitch marker.
When? - Monday 13th November
Where? - The Queen of Purls, 91 Saltmarket, Glasgow, G1 5LE
What Time? - 11am to 2pm
Renée studied fashion design with knitwear at Central Saint Martins college and is a knitwear designer, producing beautiful and modern hand knitting patterns. She has published two books - The Klee Collection and The Zen Variations. Find out more about Renée here!