Twice the Fun: learn to Double Knit with Renée Callahan Sun 12th Nov
If you want to create gorgeous double sided knitting, then this is the class for you. In this 3 hours class with Renée Callahan you will learn:
- How to cast on for double knitting
- Double knitting techniques
- How to follow the chart(s) for double knitting
- How to cast off
- This class includes a pattern
This class includes a pattern by Renée and there will be coffee/tea and cake on hand. You will also need to bring the following items to the class with you:
- US #6/4 mm and US #4/3.5 mm circular or straight needles
- 50 g x 2 colours of DK yarn, one light and one dark. If you want to make the whole scarf, you will need approx. 400g of yarn (200g light and 200g dark)
- 2 stitch markers.
When? - Sunday 12th November
Where? - The Queen of Purls, 91 Saltmarket, Glasgow, G1 5LE
What Time? - 3pm to 6pm
Renée studied fashion design with knitwear at Central Saint Martins college and is a knitwear designer, producing beautiful and modern hand knitting patterns. She has published two books - The Klee Collection and The Zen Variations. Find out more about Renée here!